CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Inspiration & Preliminary ideas

As a director and visual disigner many other products and designers works influence my visions on how I envision my product and helps me realise the extent of what is possible, plus what will fit with the ideologies and messages portrayed through the music and lyrics in a visualy interesting way. As the song is about war and represents it in a negative way I want the look and feel to represent this in a played out almost melodramatic way. The most horric type of war viually and physically is nuclear war. Therefore I want the encroaching threat of the band being destroyed by a nuclear explosion at any moment. Though the feel of the peice will give the impression the band is playing in a location where a nuclear stike has already occured creating a threatening environment. This is a screenshot from the videogame F.E.A.R 2



 I will try to go for a similar effect but tweek it to be appropriate for a music video and not as visually overpowering as it must be for the videogame world. I can acheive this by playing with the contrast, grading and using sky replacement techniques and using a particle generator to simulate nuclear fallout. This will give the ominous red glowing feel a nuke gives off as it explodes



The band performance however will take place in a graveyard with this feel to it, to really drive  home the point that war causes death. Metal music videos are rarely subtle with there visual messages, rellay driving home the ideals of the band and forcing the audience to see from their point of view. The graveyard footage will be taken sepearately and the band performance on greenscreen so they can be digitaly merged. This is to avoid disrespect and means in post it will be easier to apply visual effects to the band members and background seperatelly. This does mean however my project is very heavy on the post production side, but I think this is personally where my strengths lie and will best help me create the feel I am going for an ultimatelly a good product which does what is intended of it

0 comments: